• The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. (St. Augustine)

1/28/2011

Museum Brandhorst (Munich)

In 2009 Museum Brandhorst in Munich opened and I have been wanting to visit ever since. Finally I managed to have a look at the amazing building by Sauerbruch Hutton architects.

From the outside the museum is very colorful and thus very representative of the architects' work.



The interior is warm & welcoming because wood was chosen as main material.



The paintings I liked most were "City Landscape" by Alex Katz because of the dark blues and the contrasting firefly-like light elements.



Also I really liked the exhibition room on the very top, full of Cy Twombly larger-than-life rose paintings.



The roses were accompanied by the following poem I liked:
Rose
brief
brief in its beauty
but the
Scent
better than Fame

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment